Tuesday, March 6, 2007

When I leave my baby in someone else's care

There's always a first time and no matter how hard you cling to your need for your baby, some time or the other, you are going to have to face a situation where you have to leave her behind and go out on your own without her.

The first time that happened, I couldn't think straight. I just wanted to get straight back to her, FAST. Everyone who was responsible for my having to be out without her was roundly scolded in my mind. Everyone who caused any delays in my finishing my work and getting back to her also received unspoken bad vibes from me. I hated them all and their inefficiency and whatever else it was that was causing them to delay me.

Now when I go out, I feel relieved for a little while, but very soon (in about 10 minutes or so) I find myself wondering about what she'd be doing and whether she knows I'm not around, whether she's had something to eat and whether she's missing me at all!

Luckily for me, I have so far only had to leave her with my Mom so I haven't had worries about whether she is receiving appropriate care. I shudder to think of the mental travails of Moms who have to leave their babies with relative strangers!

No comments: